Well folks, we did it! At 9 am yesterday (well, more like 9:05 because it took 5 minutes for our portion of the corral to get to the starting line), we crossed the start to embark on a race around the entire Park. Complete with a lovely set of hills between mile marks 2 and 4. Highlights include:
– watching one guy zoom past me in the first two miles and me thinking “uh oh, he has NO idea what’s coming up, does he?”
– passing said zoomer guy on the hills as he’s stopped on the side breathing hard
– watching him zoom past me and stop a number of times before finally losing him altogether
– nearly running over a middle-aged woman who decided that she was just going to cross even though a mob of runners were coming through in a *clearly* marked race course
– a nice stitch at mile marker 4 that took roughly 3/4 of a mile to work out
– crossing the finish line
And my time?