I’ve managed to pack my first weekend away from le woman’s pretty tightly. In no short order I have already accomplished the following on a Friday evening:
- Ran a fast nearly 5 mile loop in the Park at an 8:16 pace (I wish I could run the NYRR races in my own little lane because dodging the crowds for 80% of the race just kills my natural pace).
- Send back Alan Wake video game disc that doesn’t work in my Xbox 360. Everything else works fine and the seller had a bit of a hissy fit, but it’s his problem for sending me a faulty disc. It’s certainly not my console.
- Received a VERY important email that kicks off a very important and grueling process for me career-wise next week (and thus doing a happy dance followed by an “okay, must past this” serious dance).
- Finally sat down and watched a movie I’ve been trying to watch for several months (Boondock Saints II).
- Chatted it up with le woman’s via video iChat (I love Mac’s).
- Fell asleep around midnight.
- Received drunk texts from more than one person around 2 a.m. Phone’s ringer was off for precisely that reason.
And today? I have the following in no short order:
- Wake up at 7:30 a.m. because I have to shower and get out to Queens for a dentist appt. Check.
- Drink coffee. Check.
- Make fun of aforementioned drunk text senders and the pain they’re about to experience when they wake up. Check.
- Head to the dentist’s office. Pray for the absence of bad news.
- Get Dunkin Donuts coffee and breakfast sandwich.
- Meet prospective roommates in a gorgeous area of the city where I would love to move to.
- Use the laser pointer on the wall and watch as the cat attempts to jump up the wall over and over again.
- Play video games.
- Eat pizza.
And tomorrow? I agreed to go into my last place of employment and cover them from 10-6, which means I get to earn some extra cash while I’m busy making myself busy so I don’t go stir-crazy. Then it’s off to the next week of work (plus super important email thing) and then she’s back! Just in time for us to pack everything into a U-Haul and head off into the Labor Day Weekend.
You see? I can do this. I’m sailing through. 🙂