(note: applies specifically to the #1 Harry Potter fan type of girlfriend…)
1. Buy advanced tickets to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I.
2. Travel up to city where said girlfriend is buried under her law school books, outlines, “research packets,” etc.
3. Dig said girlfriend out from under these items (shovel may or may not be necessary depending on seriousness of the avalanche).
4. Purchase the following items: butterscotch syrup and cream soda.
5. Distract said girlfriend with orange chicken and rice and ban her from the kitchen.
6. Mix 1/2 cup of butterscotch syrup with 1 tablespoon of butter. Place in microwave for 1:30 (less or more depending on your microwave…just do it until it’s bubbling or hot).
7. Mix in 16 oz. of cream soda.
8. Present your newly created “butter beer” (found recipe online) to said girlfriend. Enjoy reaction.
9. Entertain yourself the next day until the movie screening.
10. Attend movie screening.
Note: you may need to repeat the butter beer step as many times as necessary. Or until you run out of butterscotch or cream soda.